If it’s your first time – then please allow us to introduce ourselves.
You’ve probably guessed that we’re a veterinary clinic and hospital for companion animals. However, we do things a little differently around here.
Welcome to a new standard of care for your fur-baby.
- An experienced team of veterinary physicians/surgeons and nurses housed in a state-of-the-art, purpose-built veterinary and wellness centre
- Progressive, community-minded and an accredited Hospital of Excellence by the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association
- Committed to providing world-class veterinary care and customer service, with a strong emphasis on healthy lifestyles and preventative medicine
- Fun, friendly and highly unlikely to bite
If you’ve been here before, that’s okay too. We’re always happy to see you.
Take a look around. And if you like what you see, do drop in and say hello!
The ASAV Accredited Veterinary Hospital Scheme recognises companion animal practices that achieve the highest levels of quality health care and practice management in innovative, state-of-the-art hospital facilities.
ASAV accredited hospitals set a benchmark to inspire other small animal practitioners when assessing their own facilities and standards.
Cat Friendly Clinic is a worldwide programme from the International Society of Feline Medicine, the veterinary division of the charity International Cat Care.
The Cat Friendly Clinic programme is designed to help address these issues by creating more cat friendly veterinary clinics and so reducing the stress for cats and making veterinary visits easier for cat owners as well.
We promise to:
- Provide best-practice, world-class care for your pet, with a strong focus on wellness and preventative medicine
- Be serious when we need to be (and fun at all other times)
- Not brush off any concerns you have about your pet (after all, you know them best)
- Not tell you how to cut corners with your pet’s health
- Keep up to date with the latest in veterinary medicine and surgery
- Give your pet a treat every time they visit the clinic
- Get to know you and your pet on a first-name basis
All you need to do is:
- Trust that we will only ever recommend the best of care for your pet
- Ask us as many questions about your pet as you need to feel comfortable
- Understand that occasionally an emergency case may have to be seen before you, but that your pet will receive the same treatment should it ever be required
- Understand that giving a diagnosis over the phone is akin to going to a fortune teller (and we are not in the business of quackery – you’ll find Madame Laroux at the Queen Victoria Market)
- Laugh at our jokes (okay, this one’s optional – especially if it’s one from Dr Mel)
To borrow a few words from a classic:
Sometimes you want to go
where everybody knows your name, and they’re always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same.
You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows your name.
But wait, there’s more:
- 20-minute consultations because, frankly, we think that the industry standard of 15 minutes just doesn’t cut it.
- Digital X-ray machines allow instant assessment or emailing for specialist review, plus owners always get a copy for their own records.
- Dental X-ray machine (one of the few veterinary hospitals in Victoria to have one).
- In-house laboratory facilities so samples can be processed immediately, with access to specialist pathology services if required.
- In-house ultrasonography and endoscopy.
- Early vaccination schedule that allows puppies to socialise from just 11 weeks of age.
- 4 weeks of no-obligation, free pet insurance for new puppies or kittens, with instant cover instead of the standard 21-day waiting period.
- Close relationship with medical and surgical specialists for more complex cases or referral if required.
- Dedicated chemotherapy facilities
- On-site puppy pre-school run by Delta-qualified trainers (small classes of 3 to 5 puppies